Total Film #173 and other stuff wot I’ve done
New issue of Total Film is out now. Choice of Harry Potter covers in the shops, although the coolest one is the subscribers’ copy, featuring the faces of the mag’s Facebook followers. In lieu of my own ugly mug, I sent the angelic features of my 2-year-old son, which crops up (at least) three times in the mosaic.
That’s not all, as I’ve also got the lead Blu-ray review on the stupendous Alien Anthology – to the best of my knowledge, it’s the first print review of the set, so I’m well chuffed.
Plus capsule reviews of 50s crime thriller Compulsion, Vanilla Ice star vehicle Cool as Ice, 60s-to-90s sci-fi adaptation Lost in Space and a duo of French swashbucklers, D’Artagnan’s Daughter and Le Bossu. One of these five films becomes my very first 1-star review. Can you guess which one?
Here, also, is my customary round-up of the last month’s features I’ve written for the Total Film website. Bizarrely, one of these – the plot holes one – got recommended by Moneysavingexpert.com in its weekly e-bulletin. That alone must class as a whole sixty-seconds out of my alloted fifteen minutes of fame. One down, fourteen to go.
– 12 Most Inappropriate Kids’ Adaptations
– 23 Greatest Leo Struts
– 15 Cool Obscure Movie T-Shirts
– 20 Movies Improved By Zombies – including my piss-poor Photoshopping skillz…
– 20 Movies Improved By Muppets – …which they apparently liked, ’cause they gave me this!
– 40 Baffling Movie Plot Holes
– 30 Brits Who Conquered U.S. TV – yeah, yeah, Gabriel Byrne is Irish…
– 30 Most Influential Movie Characters
Tagged Total Film